York Street is working with an independent property investment, development and asset management firm to appoint a Senior Asset Manager in their central London office. An exciting opportunity to join a finely tuned and growing team on a range on of interesting real estate assets in Central London.
Description of the Role
The Senior Asset Manager will manage both development and asset management opportunities. They will see these opportunities through from viability to acquisition, planning, development, letting and ultimately oversee the exit strategy.
Responsibilities will include
- Implement individual asset plans with a view to maximising value, having regard to investment risk profiles (active and non-active);
- Negotiate and approve leasing transactions;
- Develop and oversee capital improvement programmes;
- Oversee acquisition and disposal process including coordinating due diligence and negotiating sale and purchase agreements;
- Participate in the due diligence review for new investments including lease and operations reviews, and assessment and appointment of local property management and leasing agents;
- Review and approve annual business plans for each asset comprising leasing plan, capital programme and operating budgets;
- Prepare annual business plans and quarterly asset management reviews for separate account clients;
- Manage quarterly valuation review process including reviewing valuations and presenting recommendations.
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Influencing and negotiation;
- Strong business acumen with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Tenacious, diligent and ability to meet tight deadlines;
- A Good listener and a quick learner;
- Flexible, adaptable;
- Articulate, personable and a team player;
- With gravitas and a great sense of humour.
In order to make the maximum impact in this role, the person will meet the majority of these criteria:
- RICS chartered professional
- A Bachelor’s degree or Masters within a real estate related subject.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in an asset management role with a focus on commercial property;
- Demonstrable track record of asset viability and ground up development or significant refurbishment projects;
- Sound L&T professional, working knowledge of best asset management, acquisition and management;
- Experience of appointing and managing professional teams;
- Highly commercial with tuned financial viability, reporting and cost control;
- Familiarity with third party lending arrangements.
Basic: £80,000-£100,000 + Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Full package details will be disclosed to those candidates invited to interview stage.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please apply by submitting your CV evidencing your relevant experience and suitability against the above criteria. We will then follow up with you directly to discuss next steps in the profiling and assessment stage.