We are working closely with a leading, project and development management company that deliver bespoke luxury properties for private clients around the world, looking to appoint a Project Manager for their London based Project Management Team.
Description of the Role
Our client is seeking to appoint a Project Manager in their Central London office. The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day project management delivery, ensuring that project standards are achieved and managing the operational aspects of the project, including identifying necessary resources, assigning individual responsibilities and delivery of work elements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake project management and contract administration duties, setting and establishing project protocols and responsibilities;
- Deliver the agreed scope of works (including administration of contracts if required) plus the leadership and management of meetings with the client, supply chain, and stakeholders;
- Take responsibility for all matters of project execution across all stages;
- Lead relationships with contractors, sub-contractors and consultants. Manages relationships with suppliers, monitoring and reporting their performance and compliance;
- Drive value in the project through use of value engineering tools achieving cost reduction whilst protecting the quality and product;
- Responsible for leading the design, procurement, construction and handover of specific projects to the required standard;
- Lead on risk and opportunity management;
- Work collaboratively with other company Project Managers to manage related issues across all company projects;
- Utilise and embed established company tools and processes to suit particular project requirements and Client’s operational principles. Additionally, proactively develop service and delivery excellence including the utilisation of technology to support our delivery;
- Deliver projects within the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/client brief stage, while also maintaining and exceeding time, cost and quality critical success factors.
To achieve success in the role, successful candidates must meet the following pre-requisites:
- Bachelor's level qualification in a construction related discipline, such as architecture or engineering, construction project management, surveying or building;
- Chartership with (or close to achieving chartered status) with a relevant body such as MAPM, MCIOB, MRICS, MICE, ARB, MIStructE or MCIBSE;
- Preferable to hold a CSCS card or other demonstrated competence.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ post-graduate experience in project or development management activities;
- Experience of residential or high-end hospitality construction techniques;
- Experience through the project delivery process from feasibility to completion and placing into service;
- Knowledge of costing and budget process;
- Experience in delivering sustainable projects respecting the environment - e.g. through use of BREEAM or LEED;
- Knowledge of BIM;
- Understands the intangible nature of fine interior design;
- Aware of health and safety law and risks present in the construction process;
- Experience at working in a quality assured environment
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Excellent desktop computing skills including word processing and spreadsheets;
- Ability to use scheduling software to prepare initial programmes in GANNT formats or similar and then to measure and report progress;
- Experience at leading and managing meetings and preparing timely minutes.
- Strong communication skills;
- Organised and able to maintain excellent records and file documents to suit company procedures;
- Self starter;
- Culturally aware of different backgrounds and able to work successfully with team members of other backgrounds and experiences;
- Has worked or lived outside of the UK;
- Articulate, personable and a team player.
Basic: £50,000 - £70,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
+ Discretionary Bonus
+ Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Full package details will be disclosed to those candidates invited to interview stage.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please apply by submitting your CV evidencing your relevant experience and suitability against the above criteria. We will then follow up with you directly to discuss next steps. Should you wish to discuss further, please contact Grant Smith at York Street on 020 3371 6689.