SENIOR COMMERCIAL PROJECT MANAGER (Construction Consultancy)
We are working closely with a leading, global multi-disciplinary property and construction consultancy to appoint a Senior Commercial Project Manager for their Central London Project Management Team.
Description of the Role
Reporting into the Commercial Director, the successful candidates will have exposure to some of the firm’s benchmark projects building strong and lasting relationships with clients, external contractor teams, and agents. The successful candidate will oversee the day-today running’s of the project adhering to agreed budget and timescale.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing Key Client accounts, providing strong contribution to multi-disciplinary teams;
- Supporting and managing the direction of the Project Management Group;
- An element of winning new client work and effectively managing existing work;
- Ensuring the project stays on time and within budget;
- Managing external contractors and suppliers to ensure targets and objectives are hit;
- Full compliance with all policies, legislation, regulations and procedures;
- Reporting regularly to management and client on progress and the delivery of the project to the required standard;
- Providing clients with due diligence or project monitoring services;
- Programme management;
- Brief development with design team;
- On site project management and control;
- Setting out project execution plans;
- Liaising with planning supervisors on H & S issues;
- Control over all project budgets including consultant’s fees;
- Development monitoring and general construction advice;
- Pre-contract advice on construction/contract/cost aspects of building work;
- Preparation of general reports and recommendation to clients;
- Advise on procurement and programme issues of construction work;
- Development of feasibility studies;
- Monitoring and supervision;
- Identifying appropriate consultants and setting up design/project delivery teams;
- Monitoring and supervision of building works and existing structures for compliance with regulations and bye-laws and client’s requirements;
- Administration of statutory provisions relating to buildings including works failing to comply with regulations and byelaws;
- Submission and negotiations of proposals to local authorities and local planning authorities;
- Preparation of contract documents;
- Contract administration, valuation and certification;
- Negotiating contracts with contractors;
- Tendering and evaluation;
- Inspection of buildings for schedule of conditions;
To achieve success in the role, successful candidates must meet the following pre-requisites:
- 5 years minimum PQE;
- Experience in heavy refurbishment, fit-out and development on office, education, mixed-use and retail through private and public sectors;
- Full knowledge and understanding of all stages of the development plan process;
- Clear evidence of relevant professional qualifications and results to date;
- Track record of delivering or advising on complex construction and development works;
- Experience in leading projects from design through to construction stages (exposure to RIBA stages 1-6).
Basic: £60,000 - £80,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
+ Discretionary Bonus
+ Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Full package details will be disclosed to those candidates invited to interview stage.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please apply by submitting your CV evidencing your relevant experience and suitability against the above criteria. We will then follow up with you directly to discuss next steps. Should you wish to discuss further, please contact Grant Smith at York Street on 020 3371 6689.