Our client is a privately-owned manager of healthcare real estate with a vast portfolio nationally in support of the NHS. With the emphasis on generating as much revenue as possible to reinvest in the improvement of services, the real estate portfolio provides a significant opportunity to free up land, for JV investment/development in additional to modernising and expanding clinical facilities and operations. An appealing opportunity to join a growing team with a strategic development focus unlocking the value of a vast national estate.
Description of the Role
Reporting to the Head of Property Development, the Development Manager will provide advice to stakeholders and colleagues across the diverse national estate with regard to redevelopment opportunities. This is a broad remit, with responsibility for managing projects and development opportunities through the development cycle from feasibility stages, planning and design through to, managing the optimum deal structure through to delivery.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identify opportunities for development activity to improve the strategic asset management and management of individual assets;
- Undertake high level financial analysis/appraisal of new development projects;
- Provide commercial recommendations to help shape direction of development schemes;
- Investigate every opportunity to add value to existing and new developments;
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the ‘due diligence’ and legal process, including site surveys, preparation of briefing documents and site information packs;
- Manage projects from inception through to securing planning consent and managing transaction structure of each project;
- Prepare scope and tender documentation for the procurement process;
- Appoint professional project teams as appropriate to deliver specific development projects and recommend necessary procurement routes;
- Work with Town Planning colleagues to manage development projects through the Town Planning system, engaging with external Planners as necessary;
- Prepare business cases for development projects;
- Oversee all commercial issues affecting cost and programme;
- Work closely with our internal customers across the organisation;
- Develop key partnerships with organisations such as NHS England, Department of Health and relevant professional bodies;
- Support the Head of Property Development in forming (and subsequent adherence to) best practice development management across the business;
- Strive for continuous improvement of the development management process within the team and across the business;
To achieve success in the role, successful candidates will require the following experience and qualities:
- Property related degree preferred with accreditation from RICS;
- A minimum of 3 years’ PQE within a consultancy or property developer environment;
- Excellent understanding of town planning and development with a view to viability and strategic asset management;
- Demonstrable track record of influencing/negotiating with a range of stakeholders on development opportunities;
- Experience in a highly demanding and varied role within a property business;
- Experience of appointing and managing professional teams;
- Highly engaged and customer focused;
- Programme management skills;
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills;
- Personable and a strong team player;
- Excellent commercial acumen;
- High rate of work with excellent time management abilities;
- Good written and oral presentation skills;
- Politically and socially aware with respect to development;
- Those with prior professional dealings with the NHS or a similar public organisation may be at an advantage.
£40,000 - £60,000 per annum (dependent on experience) + car allowance + benefits.
Full package details will be disclosed to candidates invited to interview stage.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity please apply by submitting your CV, including current remuneration details and notice period, for the attention of Charlotte Murdoch.